Welcome, guest

quarterfinals of the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen
jokergreen Dec 18 '18
On draft day in 1991, a young quarterback by the name of "Brett Favor" was selected 33rd overall by the Atlanta Falcons. Joseph Addai College Jersey . I dont know who this Favor guy is, but he sure looks a lot like Brett Favre who won a Super Bowl with the Green Bay Packers. Chris Berman handled the improper pronunciation of “Favre” a lot better than he handled Jon Gruden cursing on national television. Warning: the video below contains expletive language. At least Berman tried to stop Gruden from swearing on TV, unlike these Philadelphia Eagles fans, who at the 1999 NFL Draft couldnt stop booing and cussing at their future 6x Pro Bowl winning quarterback Donovan McNabb. McNabb may have been booed at the 1999 draft, but at least he doesnt feel the wrath every year. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell gets loudly booed each and every draft. Football fans use the draft as an opportunity to voice their displeasure with Goodell. I think someone needs a hug... A hug Dontari Poe! I said a hug! And at the end of the day, nothing is as bad as what the New York Jets do on a yearly basis. Catch the first round of the NFL Draft Thursday starting at 7:30pm et/ 4:30pm pt on TSN2 and TSN GO and follow along on TSN.ca for every pick. Jordan Jefferson College Jersey . Jones took a beating, the worst one of his record reign, in a bout against Alexander Gustafsson that knocked the light heavyweight champion on the canvas for the first time in his career and put his belt in jeopardy. Michael Ford College Jersey . "I wasnt waving the pom-poms to be involved with it to start with," Carlyle said after a 5-2 win over Carolina on Sunday night. "Its been a trying time. "Specifically we havent played as well as wed like to hang our hat on. STANFORD, Calif. -- Serena Williams stared at the court, took a deep breath and seemed to clear her head after falling behind in the first set. She dominated the rest of the way. Playing her first tournament since her departure from Wimbledon because of equilibrium problems, the top-ranked Williams won her WTA-leading fourth title of the year, beating third-seeded Angelique Kerber 7-6(1), 6-3 on Sunday in Bank of the West Classic. Kerber, 0-4 in finals this season, won five straight games to go up 5-1 and was serving for the first set at 5-2. Williams saved two set points and went to win five games in a row. "I blinked my eye and I was down 1-5," Williams said. "Angelique was playing well and I thought Whats going on? I tried to relax, not think about anything and just do the right thing." The eighth-ranked Kerber forced a tiebreaker, but Williams took the first five points. "Its a good thing that it happened," Williams said. "When Im not playing great I know I can make some kind of comeback." Williams didnt play well in any of the first sets this week but always found a way to win. "Ive been training hard all year and hopefully that pays off, especially after Wimbledon," Williams said. "I stayed positive here. This shows Im moving in the right direction." Questions were raised after she retired from a doubles match with sister Venus at Wimbledon in June. A viral infection affected her equilibrium. She answered those questions with an exclamation point Sunday. "Every week is a new week and all I can do is try and improve," Williams said. "For me its all mental: being there, being positive and being good to myself." Williamms has beaten the left-handed Kerber four straight times and five of six overall. Morris Claiborne College Jersey. All of their matches have been in straight sets. "I gave everything I could out there," Kerber said. "When she was down she started hitting the ball better. Its a special thing she has. On the important points, she goes for it." Williams will be No. 1 for the 200th week in her career when the rankings are announced Monday. She is fifth on the career list, nine weeks behind fourth-place Martina Hingis. "I feel like Im just me. I dont feel any different from anyone else on this planet," Williams said. "To be that of as that is pretty awesome." Williams extended her winning streak to 13 matches in winning her third title at Stanford in four years. "It just says how much I love to play here," she said. Kerber, who will rise to No. 7, was the first German to reach the final in the event since Sylvia Hanika in 1987. Bettina Bunge, in 1983, was the last German to win the tournament. "I had a great week," Kerber said. "I played some great matches against some good opponents. She showed shes the best player in the world." Williams has not lost to a top-10 player this season. Kerber has never beaten a No. 1 player. Williams improved to 17-2 overall in matches played at Stanford. Shes 30-5 on the season and 662-117 for her career. Williams is 61-17 in finals. Williams has not played well at Grand Slam events this year, failing to reach the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon. Winning the U.S. Open, she said, "would make it better but not erase anything. But Im just focused on the next tournament." Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share:
'':
fade
slide
Rating: